Health & Safety Policy
Prometheus Group Services Ltd. recognises and accepts its responsibility as an employer, for providing a safe, healthy working environment on premises and property under its control, in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. We will take steps, so far as is reasonably practicable, to meet all health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. We will provide a safe environment for all persons who may come into contact with our work by implementing the following:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting health and safety;
- To provide suitable information, instruction, training and supervision of employees, to make certain they are competent to do their tasks and conduct themselves in a manner to ensure safety of themselves and others;
- To prevent accidents, incidents and cases of work related ill health;
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- To maintain safe and healthy working environments;
- To meet or exceed the requirements of legislation, by meeting and maintaining BS OHSAS 18001:2007 certification;
- To promote the continuous improvement of our health and safety management system;
- To review and revise this policy annually and in the event of changes which may impact on Company activities
It is the responsibility of each employee to work in accordance with the objectives of the Company Health and Safety Policy. Each employee must accept and carry out their responsibilities to:
- Act with due care to prevent injury to themselves and others;
- Inform their line manager immediately should they be asked to undertake tasks for which they are not competent so that the correct information, training and supervision can be provided;
- Report accidents, incidents, near misses, damage to equipment and potential hazards, to their line manager;
- Follow the agreed safe working procedures, including the correct use, safeguarding and maintenance of safety equipment and PPE;
- Participate in Health and Safety Consultation activities to develop and improve company performance.
We will ensure effective consultation and communication of this Policy Statement throughout all levels of the Company. It will be reviewed annually or in the instance of organisational, or other significant changes, and revisions will be brought to the attention of each employee in accordance with our Communication Policy and Procedure.
This Policy Statement is fully supported by Senior Management, and will be enforced in accordance with the Company’s Disciplinary and Grievance procedure, up to and including dismissal for those wilfully disregarding its provisions and the associated legal and regulatory framework within which we operate.