In conjunction with ISG Construction, we have had the pleasure to complete the mechanical fit out works in the buying & merchandising offices on the 4th floor within the Selfridges store on Oxford Street, London.
The mechanical services consisted of the following: –
- Air conditioning and ventilation systems featuring refrigerant based systems, to serve the new B&M Offices
- Dedicated domestic hot & cold-water services
- Sanitary ware etc to toilets and kitchen areas
- Soil and waste drainage system.
- Packaged solar thermal system serving hot water cylinders
- Rainwater harvesting system & drainage modifications.
One of the main challenges was the responsibility to be the main lead in delivering a fully coordinated mechanical, electrical and sprinkler installation within very tight ceiling & void constraints.
- The air conditioning systems were of the VRF type consisting of external condensing units and a mixture of internal concealed and exposed horizontal fan-coil units. Air is supplied to the various spaces using plastered in Swegon ‘Flowbar’ diffusers and curved grilles to suit the profile of the oval ductwork and the VFR is controlled by a centralised BMS system.
Two AHUs have been installed on the roof area that provide a fresh air supply to the offices with an extract facility to dissipate the stale air. All exposed ductwork was installed using slip joints with no visible flanges or exposed fixings to any support brackets. Due to restricted access, the AHUs were delivered in flatpack and were assembled on site.
Hot water is generated via a dedicated unvented calorifier located in the rooftop plant room served by the boosted cold-water supply. The calorifier is heated by a primary low-temperature hot water coil and is also be linked to a solar thermal system that is connected to 3 No. solar collectors located on the plant room roof.
A rainwater harvesting system is installed to serve the WC cisterns and all sanitary ware and specialised electronic taps etc have been supplied and fitted as part of the water installation.